About the Role
Uber's Security team works to ensure the security of all private, personal and payment information for our full set of users - riders, drivers and partners. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe.
What You'll Do
- You'll be pushing the boundaries of security technology to create defenses for large scale production infrastructure, enterprise systems, and cloud services
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication, and systems security
- Perform security assessments of production, corporate, and cloud infrastructure
- Harden our clients, servers, and networks against exploitation and privilege escalation
- Instrument systems to enable detection of intrusions and abuse
- Create services and tools to secure our data
What You'll Need
- Actively pursuing a BA/BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security, Management Information Systems, Security Engineering, Forensics or a related technical discipline with at least one remaining quarter/semester of school left after completion of the internship
- Demonstrated software engineering experience through previous internships, work experience, coding competitions, and/or publications
- Programming experience one or more application or systems languages (Go, Python, Ruby, Java, C/C++, etc)
- Experience building tools/infrastructure
- A desire to be part of a team that delivers impactful results every day
- A commitment to writing understandable, maintainable, and reusable software
- An innate desire to deliver and a strong sense of accountability for your work
- Willingness to learn new languages and methodologies
Bonus Points For
- Participation in CCDC (National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition)
- CTF (Capture the Flag) / White Hat clubs/organizations
- Prior bug hunting and/or bug triage experience
About the Teams in Seattle
Application Security: Work on securing Uber's applications and services by finding, fixing, and preventing impactful security vulnerabilities across all software components at the company. Explore our public bug bounty program aimed at crowdsourcing security intelligence and working with our bug bounty triagers to validate incoming reports, perform root cause analysis of vulnerabilities, and provide resolution guidance to engineers for vulnerabilities.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.